The summer months can finally be spent without turning on the stove with these easy chicken salad sandwiches recipe. It’s a quick lunch recipe that you can throw together super fast for a week day lunch or dinner recipe. It’s only 3 SmartPoints per serving on Weight Watchers.
Sometimes in the summers in the South, you just can’t turn on the stove (especially the oven). It makes the house too hot and it makes you feel so miserable. That’s part of why I love chicken salad. It’s served cold and tastes just like summer.
These chicken salad sandwiches are sweet with the grapes, yet tangy with the celery and red onion. It’s a great combination and so easy to throw together.
For all those people who only think Chicken Salad is supposed to be made in the summer doesn’t know me. I love chicken salad (in a sandwich or by itself). I think that if I could eat this for every meal, I just might do that.
But really…doesn’t this recipe look delicious? And it it. What makes this Weight Watcher friendly is using Greek yogurt instead of mayo. I am not a huge mayo fan anyways, but the Greek yogurt does a great job of making this a creamy and tasty lunch option.
To make this easy chicken salad recipe:
Chop up all the veggies and the chicken into smaller chunks. Then combine them with the yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
After you have mixed everything together, toast your English muffin and serve.
Oh So Easy Chicken Salad
- 2 packages pre-cooked chicken chopped into chunks
- 1 cup grapes quartered
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 5.3oz container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large whole wheat English muffins optional
- 1 cup baby spinach torn
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, yogurt, grapes, celery and seasonings. Stir until fully combined.
- Toast the 4 English muffins and add the chicken salad to each one. Top with the baby spinach. Serve immediately.